Definitely not a top ten list to shoot for, the National Insurance Crime Bureau has released their list of the top ten metropolitan areas with the highest vehicle theft rates last year:
The 10 metropolitan areas with the highest vehicle theft rates last year were:
1. Modesto, Calif.
2. Las Vegas/Paradise, Nev.
3. Stockton, Calif.
4. Phoenix/Mesa/Scottsdale, Ariz.
5. Visalia/Porterville, Calif.
6. Seattle/Tacoma/Bellevue, Wash.
7. Sacramento/Arden-Arcade/Roseville, Calif.
8. San Diego/Carlsbad/San Marcos, Calif.
9. Fresno, Calif.
10. Yakima Wash.
The NICB also names the “hottest cars” in the U.S. In its most recent study, the most stolen cars were:
1. 1995 Honda Civic
2. 1989 Toyota Camry
3. 1991 Honda Accord
4. 1994 Dodge Caravan
5. 1994 Chevrolet Full Size C/K 1500 Pickup
6. 1997 Ford F150 Series
7. 2003 Dodge Ram Pickup
8. 1990 Acura Integra
9. 1988 Toyota Pickup
10. 1991 Nissan Sentra
Which makes me think that these statistics are incorrect and/or confirms that people that who steal cars often are just trying to find a way to get to work.