This past Saturday, August 6th, my wife and I attended Americas Finest Film Fest 2016 put on by 1to1 Movement here in San Diego. We were fortunate enough to find out about the event from the San Diego Chapter of GreenDrinks (which is an international organization with a very strong chapter I used to be active with in Seattle).
Here are the films that Americas Finest Film Fest attendees enjoyed and you can watch them now:
- Hello San Diego, shot and edited by Tyler Fairbank of Light Owl Productions, LLC
- Coronado Sandman, by MP Cunningham
- Heritage featuring Molecular Gastronomy in San Diego with Chef Richard Blais of Juniper & Ivy, by Gab Taraboulsy
See Encinitas, California, through the Eyes of Bodysurfer and Entrepreneur Ed Lewis
- Derby Dolls, by Gavin Filipiak, co directed by Nico Mengin, produced by Angellyne De Perio, motion graphics by Rachel Alberto, music by FIDLAR
- Facing North, by Andrew Bracken, produced by AB Squared Creative Group, photography by Andrei Booriakin
- Comic Con The Musical, directed and edited by Andrew Bowser, lyrics by Ben Mekler, Jess Lane and Freddy Scott, lead vocals by Whitney Avalon, produced by Jason Nguyen for Nerdist Industries
- The Organist by David Brooks
- Rounding 3rd (aka The League of Extraordinary Ladies and Gentlemen by Alejandro Castro
- Not a one by The Young Wild. This is a great music video, definitely worth watching.
- Life & Times of Brian Bent, written and directed by Taylor Filasky, produced by OOPM Creative, in collaboration with Anakt Films
- Hands Free: Mark Goffeney by Ross Harris. A crowd and my personal favorite of the entire fest. Mark is a true inspiration, great entertainer and has a great sense of humor. Stacia does want to have him be her Uber driver.
- The New Frontier by Gaby Lasala. This film is about the Visual Art Project in North Park – and how art enriches our lives.
- Greater San Diego Preserving Our Future by Tandem Stills + Motion, directed by Ian Shive, edited by Ian Maliniak, produced in conjunction with San Diego U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
- The Butchers of Less by Film Buff, directed by Alison Klayman Another Festival Favorite. Whole animal butchers who advocate eating plants?
- Dream With Your Eyes Open by Chris Radomski
- STACKED by Moostache Films Another festival favorite about 1to1 Movement’s new Mobile Learning Farm.
Thank you very much to the 1to1 Movement and all the volunteers that made Americas Finest Film Fest 2016 what it was. Very much looking forward to next year’s Americas Finest Film Fest – and finding ways to support 1to1 Movement.